Chai Banana Bread
- 1 1/3 cup masked ripe banana (about 3)
- 8 oz yogurt, plain or vanilla
- 5 T butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 c granulated sugar
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- 2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 t baking soda
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/2 t cinnamon
- 1/2 t ginger
- 1/2 t ground allspice
- 1/2 t nutmeg
- 1 t vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 355 degrees.
2. Combine first 4 ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Add sugars and vanilla mix until blended.
3. Combine dry ingredients and add to banana mixture, beat until blended.
4. Pour into greased 9×5 loaf pan. Bake 350 degrees for 1 hour.
I found this recipe in a magazine on Sunday morning. In our 4-year-old SS class we were cutting out pictures of our favorite foods, and while helping the children find pictures of food, I found this. I did adapt it a bit, but the recipe above is what I actually made, except that I doubled it. I think the kids liked it, because one whole loaf was gone before it even had cooled. I did use peach yogurt, because that is all we had. Worked fine. I think this may be our new favorite banana bread recipe. Let me know what you think.